Curaçao Sea Aquarium is Curaçao’s premiere location for marine life exploration! We use an Open Water System at our facility, which means that fresh seawater is continuously pumped into the aquaria and returned to the sea through overflows creating natural environments for all marine creatures without using chemicals or filters. This makes Curaçao Sea Aquarium one of the world’s most unique sea aquariums. Together with Animal Encounters, Substation Curacao, the Ocean Lens and Curacao Dolphin Academy N.V. they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
As a Snorkel Guide for Animal Encounters (AE) of Curaçao Sea Aquarium, your friendly demeanor is the first thing our guests see, and it is important that you make a great and lasting impression to keep our guests coming back for more! As a Snorkel Guide for AE you need to be pro-active and turn every interaction into a positive guest experience on behalf of the AE department and the company. During the program for AE, it is our first priority to ensure that our guests have a memorable and safe experience with the marine life in the AE Lagoon. Other job-related activities include preparing fish and dietary needs for the animals, maintenance of the natural lagoon and cleaning up and preparing the lagoon areas. To ensure all of the above, it is essential that a Snorkel Guide for AE has a good physical and mental health, and enjoys working outside instead of behind a desk.
- Provide the highest standards of care to ensure the continuing good health and well-being of the marine animals such as the Lemon and Nurse sharks, stingrays and other predatory fish.
- Interact with our guests to ensure unforgettable experiences
- Maintain cleanliness, upkeep, and monitor safety of the AE facility
- Stimulate the interest in booking the various activities within the Sea Aquarium Park
- Provide the guest with accurate information about the animals within the park.
- Committed to a good cooperation with all departments and entities within the park.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a high school (MAVO/HAVO/VWO) degree
- Having a natural affection for animals, experience with working with animals professionally is a pre
- Natural talent in public speaking
- Top physical condition with strong swimming skills
- Proactive and an outside non-desk job mentality
- Eager to learn
- Spontaneous, positive attitude and has a sense of humor
- A team player
- Well-groomed and representative appearance
- Good knowledge of languages such as, Dutch, English and Papiamentu, and Spanish is a pre!
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please send your CV and cover letter before August 31th, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the park you can also visit our website https://curacao-sea-aquarium.com/