At Curacao Sea Aquarium Park we emphasize care and genuine interaction between humans and sea creatures. Dolphin Academy provides a variety of unforgettable experiences that are tailored for different age categories, but always includes educational context so that our guests can understand and appreciate the importance of protecting dolphins worldwide and their environment. Together with the Curacao Public Aquarium N.V they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
The Security Officer must be able to identify and prevent incidents and unsafe situations, as well as act in the event of incidents and calamities, within the scope of the security policy. He or she ensures that the park is safe for employees, visitors and of course the animals. The Security Officer can act where necessary by means of procedures. Safety is number one.
Tasks and responsibilities
A Security Officer has to have these tasks and responsibilities, he or she:
- has to protect company’s property and staff by maintaining a safe and secure environment. Also he or she needs to keep the animals safe.
- has to observe for signs of crime or disorder and investigate disturbances.
- has to act lawfully in direct defense of life or property.
- has to prehend criminals and evict violators.
- has to take accurate notes of unusual occurrences.
- has to report in detail any suspicious incidents.
- has to patrol randomly or regularly building and perimeter.
- has to monitor and control access at building entrances and vehicle gates.
- has to watch alarm systems or video cameras and operate detecting/emergency equipment.
- has to perform first aid or CPR.
- has to sell parking tickets.
has to help with wheelchairs.
The Security Officer has to have these competences, he or she has to:
- be open minded;
- be good at decision-making;
- be discrete;
- have integrity;
- have organizational skills;
- be problem-solving;
- be result driven;
- have multitasking skills;
- has to stay calm;
- be stress-resistant;
- be patient;
- be customer friendly;
- be a professional security;
- have ethical conduct;
- has to have knowledge of procedures;
- think strategically.
- First Aid is a plus;
- Communication skills in English, Dutch, Spanish and Papiamento (German, French or Portuguese is a plus)
- Computer skills;
- Military or police asset is a plus, not a must.
Required work experience
- A minimum of six months work experience
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information about the park you can also visit our website https://curacao-sea-aquarium.com