Curaçao Sea Aquarium N.V. is Curaçao’s premiere location for marine life exploration! We use an Open Water System at our facility, meaning that fresh seawater is continuously pumped into the aquaria and returned to the sea through overflows, creating natural environments for all marine organisms without chemicals or filters. This makes Curaçao Sea Aquarium one of the world’s most unique sea aquariums. Together with the Curacao Dolphin Academy N.V. and Substation Curacao they form a fascinating world of diverse marine organisms and ecospheres just waiting for you to come and explore.
As the Commercial Manager of Curaçao Sea Aquarium N.V. you oversee commercial development efforts on behalf of the company. A Commercial Manager is a great communicator and strategic thinker who develops plans that coincide with business targets. Your primary duty is to oversee expenses and revenue to create financial returns and business growth. The Commercial Manager has a broad role including activities ranging from recruiting new resellers to developing marketing campaigns and growth strategies. Additionally, financial planning and budgeting is an essential aspect of this job.
- Effectively teach, lead, mentor and motivate a close team of commercial specialists
- Responsible for developing and implementing strategic Marketing, Sales, and PR plans that are in line with the company’s mission and vision
- Develops, manages, and controls sales forecasts and cost budgets
- Setting goals and targets and analyzing data and statistics to ensure success and return on investment
- Work in close cooperation with operations staff regarding customer service, brand image, organizing events and receiving VIP guests
- Build pricing structures and generate Marketing campaigns to work toward commercial efforts
- Responsible for overseeing staff, suppliers, and resellers to ensure that deadlines are met
- Develop relationships and good cooperation with the different stakeholders, both within the company as well as outside of the company
Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Commerce, or a similar degree
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in B2C working industries
- Good understanding of and experience with market research and negotiation
- Work in a fast-paced environment, be organized and task oriented
- Natural networking- and interpersonal skills
- A team player with a strong, independent and entrepreneurial mind who sets an example of enthusiasm, loyalty, and hard work in the performance of all duties
- Strong spoken and writing skills in English (Dutch, Papiamentu, and Spanish is strongly preferred!)
We encourage you to apply if you feel your profile is a match!
Please send your CV and cover letter before September 24, 2021.